Bias incidents can hinder our capacity to work with, teach, and learn from one another. If you observe or experience an incident of bias, we encourage you to file a bias incident report to Mason’s Bias Incident Reporting Team (BIRT). The BIRT will provide information and referrals to resources, while also tracking incidents to examine trends and opportunities for education.
Reporting Bias FAQ
Please note that the completion of a bias incident report does not constitute filing a formal complaint. To file a formal complaint, contact the Office of Compliance, Diversity, and Ethics (integrity.gmu.edu/) or the University Police (www.gmu.edu/depts/police), as appropriate.
- University Police
- Office of Compliance, Diversity, and Equity
- Human Resources
- Office of the Provost
- Appropriate campus administrators (vice presidents, deans, or supervisors)
- University Police Department, (703) 993-2810
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), 703-993-3686
- Student Support and Advocacy Center, 703-993-3686
- Report sexual misconduct
- Complaint procedures for students with disabilities